The new tool from TikTok gives companies helpful audience insights
A new business tool from TikTok uncovers audience insights that can help plan strategies for paid and organic content.
The Audience Insights Tool is aimed at advertisers and is located in the TikTok Ads Manager. However, you don’t have to pay for advertising to use it.
The tool’s insights can help guide plans for organic and paid content as it’s based on data from all users of TikTok. You can examine user interests, behaviors, and demographics to find new ways to reach your customers.
One of the more intriguing features is the ability to explore the top ten hashtags your audience is engaging with. You can attach these hashtags to your videos for a quick and easy way to increase engagement.
Additionally, you can define your own audience and filter information using a robust set of filters.
Learn more about the data provided by TikTok Audience Insights here.
TikTok Audience Insights in TikTok Ads Manager
Accessible through the TikTok Ads Manager, TikTok Audience Insights provides aggregated information about users who have been active in the last 30 days.
Access the tool by going to Ads Manager, selecting Reporting from the top navigation menu, and clicking Audience Insights.
Define your target group
Start configuring your audience using the panel on the left.
You can define your target audience by customizing the following filters:
- interests and behaviors – contains optional sub-filters:
- Ad Interest Categories: Refine your audience based on people who have engaged with specific ad categories.
- video interactions: Refine your audience based on people who have viewed and interacted with videos.
- Creator Interactions: Refine your audience based on the types of creators they’ve interacted with.
- Hashtag Interactions: Refine your audience based on people who have viewed videos with a specific hashtag.
target group overview
The first tab you see after defining your audience is the Audience Summary tab.
On the Target group overview tab, you can display the following composition of your target group:
- Federal State
- Operating system of the device
- Device Prices (USD): The device price is only available in USD.
- Top 10 Interests
- The 10 lowest interests
interests of the audience
Next to the Overview tab is Audience Interests, where you can find out what types of content and ads your audience is interacting with.
The Interests tab contains the following sections:
- Top Hashtags: Check out the top 10 hashtags that are resonating with your audience.
- Ad Interest Categories: Look at the ad categories that your audience has engaged with.
Download audience data
Easily retrieve the audience insights you’ve uncovered with the Export All feature. This will download the data to Excel for you to access at any time.
source: Tick Tock
Featured image: Diego Thomazini/Shutterstock