Migrate successfully to NSX-T with the newest VMware NSX Migration for Cloud Director 1.3.1
We’re thrilled to announce that the VMware NSX Migration for VMware Cloud Director 1.3.1 model is now typically accessible!
Following the 10.3.1 model of VMware Cloud Director, this 6th iteration of the NSX Migration for Cloud Director brings a number of extra migration capabilities:
The NSX Migration for VMware Cloud Director software model 1.3.1 helps a number of new options.
- Migration to a goal NSX-T supplier VDC managed by a distinct vCenter Server occasion
- Route commercial enhancements for absolutely routed community topology
- DHCP relay on the Edge Gateway
- Enhanced community pool help: port group backed community pool, community pool backed by a number of VDS, migration of group VDC with out community pool
- IPsec VPN enhancement: certificates based mostly authentication, SHA-256 digest algorithm
- VMs utilizing automated IP Pool deal with task will retain their IP deal with after the migration
Migration to a distinct vCenter
From 1.3.1 and onwards, the NSX Migration for Cloud Director software migrates the workload VMs and different group VDC objects to the identical or a totally different vCenter Server managed by the identical VMware Cloud Director occasion.
That is significantly helpful when the vacation spot NSX-T cluster is greenfield (e.g., a brand new VMware Cloud Basis occasion).
Shared storage throughout NSX for vSphere and NSX-T backed vSphere clusters is most well-liked however not essential.
Route Commercial Enhancements
To supply a absolutely routed community topology in a NSX-T backed digital information middle, you possibly can dedicate a Tier-0 or VRF gateway to a particular NSX-T edge gateway. Dedicating an exterior community to an edge gateway offers tenants with extra edge gateway companies, similar to route commercial administration and border gateway protocol (BGP) configuration.
Though we already supported BGP peer configuration for absolutely routed topologies, the NSX Migration for Cloud Director software didn’t configured route commercial between Tier-1 and Tier-0/VRF previous to model 1.3.1. That is now enhanced in 1.3.1 within the following method:
- BGP – When Route Redistribution is configured for BGP on the supply NSX-V backed edge gateway, the migration software will migrate all prefixes permitted by redistribution standards which might be both explicitly outlined by way of Named IP Prefix, or implicitly by way of Enable studying from – Linked. Moreover, goal gateway BGP IP Prefix Lists might be populated with particular IP Prefixes together with enable/deny motion. All such standards are migrated right into a single “
v-t migrated IP prefix record“.
- Static Routing – VMware Cloud Director doesn’t help the configuration of static routes on NSX-T backed edge gateway, however they are often preconfigured on Tier-0/VRF by the supplier previous to the migration. The migration software will promote all related Org VDC networks from Tier-1 gateway to Tier-0/VRF if the flag
AdvertiseRoutedNetworksis ready to
Truewithin the consumer enter YAML file.
The VMware NSX Migration for Cloud Director 1.3.1 is now typically accessible and brings not solely compatibility with VMware Cloud Director 10.3.1 but in addition extra options (DHCP binding / DHCP relay, routed community enhancements, community swimming pools help enhancements, and so forth.).
Developed by the Cloud Infrastructure Enterprise Group (CIBG), the VMware NSX Migration for VMware Cloud Director is THE resolution you’re on the lookout for emigrate NSX-V to NSX-T if you’re working a VMware Cloud Director surroundings: it’s an exterior automation software that initiates and full the migration course of with minimal downtime.
We proceed to enhance the eventualities and the tooling to assist our VMware Cloud Suppliers Companions emigrate VMware Cloud Director from NSX for vSphere to NSX-T. Whether or not you haven’t began excited about the NSX-V to NSX-T migration but, or are within the planning section, the evaluation mode is a key a part of the method. So, don’t be shy, attempt it! ?
This migration software has a distinct launch cycle than VMware Cloud Director, and we already began growing the following model.
You’re inspired to proceed offering suggestions to assist us determine how
the software ought to evolve. We might love to listen to about you, both right here within the
feedback part, in social media (@woueb),
or by way of your VMware consultant.