Daybreak Aerospace – RPA Pilot – sUAS Information
Daybreak Aerospace is recruiting a Remotely Piloted Plane (RPA — typically known as UAV) pilot to affix our flight operations staff in New Zealand. We’re in search of somebody with an adventurous spirit who can help us as we push the envelope. It is a distinctive alternative to affix an thrilling, fast-growing firm within the area business and fly the following technology of suborbital, reusable spaceplanes.
You’re a sharp, exact and gifted pilot. Daybreak operates a spread of plane, and you like getting on the market and systematically placing our machines by their paces. Whereas flying, you’ll work with our crew to make sure correct information is collected and secure, profitable missions are flown. Although business RPA expertise shouldn’t be needed, all candidates will probably be required as an instance their piloting functionality by real-world or video illustration. All shortlisted candidates will probably be required to exhibit their expertise by flying advanced, high-speed plane in our simulator.
In case you have expertise with plane design, flight checks, information evaluation, UAV building, upkeep, or different expertise you need to apply at Daybreak, this has the potential to be a full-time position. In any other case, it is going to be a part-time position with a minimal of 9 paid days per thirty days. The position would require journey and nights away from Christchurch, sometimes not exceeding 8 nights per thirty days.
- Piloting all Daybreak Aerospace autos as part of the operations staff.
- Working with engineering groups to develop plane methods together with autonomous and different superior modes.
- Assessing dealing with qualities, traits and efficiency of latest plane.
- Simulator improvement together with testing new designs.
- At the very least 50 hours flight time in giant fixed-wing RPAs or 10 years’ part-time expertise.
- Expertise in working with multidisciplinary groups.
- Demonstrated potential to flexibly and positively take care of evolving venture necessities and constraints.
- Potential to filter data to concentrate on key features and preserve and shut consideration to element.
- Expertise with high-speed, high-performance RPAs.
- Expertise with the plane design course of.
- 5+ years of expertise within the design of advanced plane methods.
- Familiarity with and expertise working beneath CAA Half 102.
- CAA Half 102 license.
- A pilot licence issued beneath Half 61, a leisure micro-light or glider pilot certificates issued by a Half 149 organisation.
- 100+ hours giant fixed-wing RPA or giant mannequin plane pilot expertise.
- VLOS, EVLOS and/or FPV expertise.
- Expertise flying new, novel designs.